Saturday, April 10, 2010

I saw Old People

The bumpf on Atom Egoyan's latest film, "Chloe" is that is is an erotic thriller. A fatal attraction sort of a movie (if you saw that you knew that everything was not going to work out for at least one character).

So I decided to attend a Friday matinee (being self-employed or for that matter self unemployed I can do that). When I came into the theatre there were three rows of old people - I mean white hair (not grey) seniors.

It was publicized well in advance that this was erotic thriller that would iclude some female action so - were these audience members confused and in the wrong theatre? Were they waiting for How to Train Your Dragon - I thought not as none of them were wearing 3-D glasses.

After the series of commericals and trailers, the film began... and within maybe 30 seconds there were some breasts (lovely ones indeed, thank you Amanda Seyfried)....

And then as the movie rolled along there was male with female, female with female, more female and female...

I tore myself away from the screen to watch the reaction from the senior section - there was none.

The film was gripping, but a little slow for me, predictable with some good acting. Tornto played a wonderful supporting role but I had one question. They showed this amazing arch area and I could not figure out where it is in the city (please respond if you know).

The film ended and most of the older audience stayed throught the whole credits.

I wondered what the discussion would be around the dinner table at the home that night and who might be trying out some new movies after cookies and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment