Saturday, March 24, 2018

Where have I been?

First, who am I? 

Well, writer, storyteller, former comic and little-known Canadian film star... and Canada's foremost Operatic Mute ... that's enough for now.

Needless to say (which is a terrible phrase because I am saying it), somehow I have neglected to blog for around eight years. 

Was this an oversight for the one person who actually read and commented on the ten blogs I created then?  .Yes... but in my defence I got busy and... I forgot that I was blogging.

I apologize because in those ensuing years blogging has become a "thing" like pilates - although less strenuous.

This morning when I went on line to check important things like whose birthday I missed (yes I still visit Facebook and play Candy Crush), I received the note that "years ago you wrote this..."

Aside:  Another reason that I enjoy my FB visits is to find out what I have done on that day in the past - and to discover the anniversary of a friendship that I no longer care about ... you might notice I get sidetracked... moving on...

So back in 2010 I was blogging - mostly because of a course I was taking in "travel writing" which has been less than a lucrative alternative career... so far.

And then I stopped - okay I have an excuse - I contributed to an on-line "paper" The Windsor Square on FB and please look up some of the fine articles there - and I had some jobs like writing the Canadian Screen Awards and touring a one-man show - and stuff.

But now that I am focusing on storytelling - and so far in 2018 my income from that and other work had equaled the number of intelligent comments from a world leader living below the 49th parallel - to spell it out for you - zero.

So I am back to blogging.

For anyone who has taken the time to read this thanks... and if I can figure out how to check if anyone has... I let you know.

To quote my college days student council motto "dare to struggle, dare to win".  And to add a realistic observation from years out in the real world... "win some, lost most".



No comments:

Post a Comment